The paper on ocelli-based sensorimotor control on which I collaborated with the Harvard folks has now been published. Here’s the video we edited. This is some nice press coverage from The Scientist.
Research Scientist, Principal Investigator
Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Rome, Italy
- Chicago, IL
- Seattle, WA
- Arlington, VA
NSF review panel
- Colleagues roboticists: We are organizing a workshop on "The Big Questions in Robotics" at RSS 2015 (Jul 16-17). (Yes, really, the name is "The Big Questions in Robotics". After our friends in Freiburg organized the workshop "Why Robotics Sucks" we figured that everything goes.)
- Colleagues roboticists: Please come to the Workshop on Sensorimotor Learning at ICRA 2015 (May 26th) that I'm co-organizing with Byron Boots.
- Colleagues roboticists: Please come to the Workshop on Neurormorphic Sensing at ICRA 2015 (May 30th) that I'm co-organizing with Davide Scaramuzza.
- Colleagues roboticists: Next year ICRA 2015 will have a “trailer” like other conferences such as SIGGRAPH. (coming soon)
- MIT students: There is funding available for MIT PhD/MS students who want to work with me. (Note: except extraordinary circumstances, we do not bring in visiting students due to bureaucratic complications and fees)
A recent talk (April 2015) about my dissertation work - see here for slides (Keynote, PDF, PPT).
The deadline rush: a bit of performance art in the occasion of the 10th anniversary of my first deadline (full screen)
Graduation ceremony in first person (Jun 2013)
2014-06-20 The robot fly was blind but now it sees
2014-06-01 Think fast, robot
2014-05-13 Source code for DVS experiments
With a fashionable delay of a few months after IROS, I refreshed the code and made reasonable installation docs for our event-based quadrotor localization method. Thanks to Sean Aubin (U.Waterloo) for politely pushing me to do it.